Miles College Admissions Policy for International Students
Miles College maintains a liberal open-door admissions policy actively recruits students from diverse background (academic, social, economic, and racial) who manifest academic potential and ability for academic achievement at the collegiate level.
Miles is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. International students are advised to inquire at least one year in advance of the anticipated date of admissions about the test required and the most convenient examination centers. To apply to Miles, international students must submit the following materials by March 1 for the fall semester, August 1 for the spring semester, and February 1 for the summer session.
1. Return the completed admissions application to the Office of Admissions. A $25.00, nonrefundable, application fee should be mailed to the Office of Business Affairs.
2 . An official copy of your high school and/or college transcript is required. For your convenience, a Transcript Release Form is enclosed. Please submit it to your Registrar or Counselor. Transcripts are not accepted from students-only from institutions.
3. An official score report of your ACT or SAT test results from the National Testing Center should be forwarded. The Code for Miles is 00128.
4 . Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) should be forward to this Institution. For information on the test, applicants may write TOEFL, Educational Test Service, Box 899, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, U.S.A.
5. Three (3) letter of character recommendation are required ( one letter should be submitted by your counselor or teacher)
6. A required Medical Form is included for completion by your family physician and/or local clinic.
7. All International Students must pay, prior to receiving the I-20, a full year’s tuition ( to include the Comprehensive Fee) in U.S. Dollars, in the form of a money order or certified check made payable to Miles College.
8. It is required that the Sponsor provide the College with an Affidavit of Financial Support and current copy if his/her bank statement.
The following are required tuition and fees which should be submitted to the Miles College Business Office, P.O. Box 39800, Birmingham, AL 35208. All Students: one year’s tuition and comprehensive fee; $25.00 application fee and $160.00 orientation. If you anticipate residing in a campus residence hall, the following additional fee of $150.00 for housing application.
Scholarship and /or financial aid are not available for entering students from other countries.